Click on the links for detials of each class.

Classes at my Stamp Studio:

Scrap & Stamp Store:
comming soon!
Clubs:
Marker Club

Scrapbooking & Stamp Clubs
**I have 2 spots left, let me know if your interrested in joining us! April 2010 is the deadline to join! Or get a group of 6 or more ladies together and Iwill come to you for a club!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dazzling Diamond Dust Tutorial/info

Well here it goes! I loved how awesome and simple the Diamond Dust technique was! I want to share, let me know if you have questions on this! This first picture was tricky, I was trying to stamp and take the picture all at once! I am amazed I did it! LOL

1. cut cardstock and stamp with desired stamps & colors.
2. Cover the entire surface with Versamark ink pad.

3. Then take cardstock you just inked up with Versamark and cover it with Stampin Up! Heat & Stick Powder. Shake off excess powder and heat with your Stampin Up! Heat gun until it turns shinny. It will be sticky now, please be careful not to burn your fingers though, the Heat guns are very hot! At a Stampin Up regional seminar along time ago, someone shared a tip of taking a small piece of cardboard and covering it with Aluminum foil and attaching a clothes pin at the top to hold your piece of cardstock your heating so you don't burn your fingers. For this project, I used my aluminum covered cardboard but put some Dotto (temporary adhesive Stampin Up! carries) on the aluminum so it did not move off it when I heated it. I have also heard the Pampered Chef bamboo tongs work great for holding your cardstock when heating it.
4. Once you have heated the Heat and stick powder, dump dazzling Diamonds glitter over entire surface and shake off excess in Powder pal. Re-heat the piece of Cardstock with your Stampin Up! Heat gun to "melt" it all together. If you forget this step, the glitter will not stick.
5. Finally, add your sparkling piece to your finished project!
Please let me know if you have any questions on this and be sure to share your creations with me if you use this technique! I would love to see! I think this is a great technique to use on your scrapbook pages as well, becuase the glitter will stay put! I have used glitter on my pages in the past (adhering it with 2 way glue pen) and it transfers some.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tutotial Darcie. Thanks for leaving your lovely comments on my blog - glad you like it! I have added your blog to my favourites!
K-xxx

Nancy Riley said...

Fantastic tutorial and beautiful card!