Click on the links for detials of each class.

Classes at my Stamp Studio:

Scrap & Stamp Store:
comming soon!
Clubs:
Marker Club

Scrapbooking & Stamp Clubs
**I have 2 spots left, let me know if your interrested in joining us! April 2010 is the deadline to join! Or get a group of 6 or more ladies together and Iwill come to you for a club!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Teacher Appreaciation and more Designer Paper samples!

Well it is Thursday which some of you know is my day off from my other job at the Chiropractic office. So today we are off first thing to go get a hair cut for my son Julian then after I get back I am going to go do a bit of stamping to get ready for my card class next week so I can post some samples and then I am off to lunch with one of my bff's Jackie! I am so looking forward to it...we have been friends since we were 10 I think. We met at a Cake Decorating Club for 4-H, we would have probably never known each other if we didn't meet there even though we lived only about 3 miles away from each other! Anyway..I do have some things to show you today that I wanted to post last week!
Last week was teacher appreciation so my friend Susan was telling me about a really cute idea she found somewhere on the net. They took a hand sanitizer bottle and peeled off the front and back and put stickers on it and decorated it cute. Well I don't own any stickers but I thought Stampin Up! rub-ons would be PERFECT! I loved how easy they were and they took me about 2 min to do!

Aren't they cute! I used the Summer Love rub ons from the new Occasions Mini on the one on the left and some rub ons from the Perfect Day package that can be found in the main Idea book and catalog on page173. Best thing of all about Rub-Ons is they can be used on anything you can get to stand still long enough to apply them! they go on cards and scrapbooks but also things like the bottles and glass picture frames, wood, anything really! I am going to experiment tonight with Taylor's softball glove tonight. So many girls have the same glove(it is pink and black...go figure) and we were thinking of something that could set her's apart besides writing on it with a sharpie.... I will let you know how it goes!


Next up is a cute post it note holder the Stamping Club made last month! We used the Walk in the Park Designer paper to cover it and for the Big Shot Butterfly! I cut some of the hard cardboard that comes in the Designer paper and cut that to the size I wanted and then cut some designer series paper to fit. We then used the Stampin Up glue stick to adhere to the cardboard. We then used the Big Shot to cut the butterfly with the Beautiful Butterflies Die. We tied some pretty in pink grosgrain around the center of the butterfly and adhered with a Stampin Dimensional. Then to finish it up, we used some rub ons from the Summer Love pack in the mini catalog to add the word friend and the lines above and below it....

After it was all put together we added a magnet to the back using some Crystal Effects to adhere the magnet to the project... I LOVE Crystal Effects....it adds dimension to your stamped images but it also is a great strong adhesive for things like magnets! Just let it set for about 10 min! What do you think? I love it! I am officially over the hording phase with my rub ons...I am going to use, use, use them til I have to buy more! I loved them as soon as they came out but found myself hording them waiting for the "perfect project" to put them on.....but I found any project was perfect! Are you a hoarder?.....I know you are so stop and use them! :)

Have a blessed day! I am looking forward to enjoying the sunshine that is supposed to make a presence today! Til later....watch for the details and some sneak peaks from my card class next week! I am going to leave you with this picture of my youngest daughter, Shelby....her sister Taylor was practicing her makeup artistry skills on her! Boy was I surprised when they came out of the bedroom! LOL Taylor insists that the lip gloss was on straight but Shelby kept licking it! Defiantly Priceless! Can't wait to scrapbook it!

No comments: